Friday, November 11, 2005

Pat Robertson's Irresponsible Statement

I detest left-wing attacks on Christianity. I also detest ignorant statements that serve nothing but to perpetuate stereotypes of certain groups.

We on the right constantly deride the left-wing, especially the MSM, for not calling out members that do not report responsibly or make outlandish statements. I cannot believe that most of those bloggers that I read daily could possibly agree with the irresponsible statement Pat Robertson made today. So far I have not seen anything written about the subject, but in all fairness the President's speech has taken center stage today, and rightly so. I also got a late start tonight so it is possible I have missed a thing or two in the blogoshpere.

Anyway I am officially calling him out. That statement was totally irresponsible, irrational, and insensitive and it only goes to perpetuate the thought on the left that all religions, especially Christianity, are intolerant. To quote another that consistently makes outlandish statements it seems Mr. Robertson is "suffering from diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain." He defends himself by saying that he was merely pointing out that there are consequences for our spiritual actions. Given some thought I am sure he could have made this point in a much better way.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home