Monday, November 21, 2005

A Politically Incorrect Thanksgiving

I, like Mr. Rowe, will also be embarking on a Thanksgiving journey. I will be heading to South Carolina to be with family. I will be spending the early mornings of my vacation in a duck blind, exercising my rights in gun ownership and harvesting nature's bounty. Ducks, now how is that for free-range organic? On Thanksgiving day I will sit at a table and pray, giving thanks for all the good things that have been bestowed upon me. That's right, I said pray-to God. I and my family will then partake in a grand feast, which will likely include more than one kind of meat. At the conclusion of this feast I will likely find myself sitting in front of a TV watching some football. I find pleasure in something as pedestrian as sports, especially violent sports with hot, scantily clad cheerleaders jumping around on the sidelines. During the game I will, no doubt, listen to my 88 year-old grandfather tell stories about World War Two. I will not judge his actions and criminalize his participation in war on the basis moral relativism. I will sit quietly, listen and feel great pride in the way my grandfather served his country in a war of good vs. evil.

So there you have it. Hopefully you and the majority of Americans have, and will always have, a similar Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving epitomizes all that is American; I wonder how long it will take before somebody tries to turn it into something else.
|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home